With comprehensive know-how, we create highly efficient motors for individually adapted drive solutions.
For more than 70 years Franz Wölfer Elektromaschinenfabrik has been developing and manufacturing electric motors for use in hoisting equipment, in and on ships as well as in general mechanical engineering.
At our business location in Osnabrück, Germany, our employees work hard to ensure highest quality standards. Customers throughout the world are convinced by the performance capacity, compactness, dynamics and high degree of efficiency of our innovative products. In the manufacture of hoist motors we are indeed one of the leading companies concerning quality as well as technology.
The Franz Wölfer Elektromaschinenfabrik, located in Osnabrück, Germany, was set up in 1945 by Dipl.-Ing. Franz Wölfer. Initially the company founder concentrated on the repair and construction of small motors (2.2 kW) for the building industry and agriculture. In the 1960s our family business started to develop, construct and manufacture medium-sized (160 kW) asynchronous motors. Today electric motors with a capacity of up to 2,000 kW are produced.
Our high-capacity motors are still produced exclusively at our business location in Osnabrück-Sutthausen. We are constantly expanding this location and modernising the production technology. In 2007 we acquired a testing station, which is one of the most modern and efficient systems for testing electric motors in Northern Germany.