The Franz Wölfer Elektromaschinenfabrik, located in Osnabrück, Germany, was set up in 1945 by Dipl.-Ing. Franz Wölfer. Initially the company founder concentrated on the repair and construction of small motors (2.2 kW) for the building industry and agriculture.
In the 1960s our family business started to develop, construct and manufacture medium-sized (160 kW) asynchronous motors. Today electric motors with a capacity of up to 2,000 kW are produced.
Our high-capacity motors are still produced exclusively at our business location in Osnabrück-Sutthausen. We are constantly expanding this location and modernising the production technology. In 2007 we acquired a testing station, which is one of the most modern and efficient systems for testing electric motors in Northern Germany.